Looking for work?
All are welcome to apply
1. COVID-19 CHANGES: Due to safety precautions, Uplift Northwest has limited capacity for new worker applications. Please email [email protected] or call 206.728.5627 to learn about Uplift Northwest’s availability.
Once you’ve contacted Uplift Northwest staff and scheduled an appointment, you can visit our office at 2515 Western Ave. Seattle, WA at your designated time. Walk in the front door and proceed up the ramp to the reception area.
2. A member of our friendly staff will help you fill out an application and talk to you about orientation and what to expect.
3. While you’re here, you can get a hot meal from OSL downstairs.
1. Orientations take place every Tuesday from 8am-11am in the computer lab upstairs. Orientation will teach you about our program and how you’ll find work, get paid, and make best use of all our services.
2. You will have an opportunity to meet with our staff to make a personal achievement plan. We’ll help make a work plan that fits your individual needs.
3. Learn about our STEP program and work certification opportunities. Additional training often leads to higher pay!
4. Learn about program requirements and expectations for specific jobs. Do you need a food handler’s card? We can get you that! Need safety equipment? We can help you there, too!
1. We will find work that fits your needs. We have temporary, long-term, and permanent placements available for a wide variety of industries.
2. If you need help getting to and from a job site, we will provide bus passes to help you get there on time.
3. Nobody can work on an empty stomach. That’s why we provide our workers with a sack lunch each day they go out on a job.
4. Many jobs require black shoes, black pants, work boots, or rain coats. We have a stock of equipment to help you be job ready.
Types of Work Available
While most of our jobs do not require prior experience, we know that not everyone has the same skill set and abilities. Our wide range of employers offers a variety of work opportunities in various industries. Some common job opportunities include:
• Food Service
• Food Prep
• Litter Abatement/Sanitation
• Moving Assistance
• Leaf Removal
• and more!
If you participate in our work certification programs, you will find new work opportunities in fields like hospital tech, welding, flagging, and more. Have questions? Give us a call at (206) 728-5627 or visit us in person during regular business hours (Monday-Friday from 6:30am-2:30pm).
Amusements on Demand was looking for help, and we tried the usual job service sites, and it didn’t work out so well. I was referred to Uplift Northwest, and they’ve been some of the best workers we’ve ever had. They’re not just reliable; they care about growing the company. You’re hiring people who want to better their lives and want to make your company successful.”
Ari Hoffman, Owner
IPM hires workers to staff parking operations for UW Huskies games. It’s an easy and convenient way for me find good workers. Years ago, Uplift Northwest actually helped me and my family when we came to America as refugees. I am honored to be part of the mission and I look forward to a long term partnership with Uplift Northwest.”
Vladi Sevoyan, Vice President of IPM
We need to provide opportunities for people to build better lives. We want to help people who have been struggling to have steady employment and the satisfaction of a job well done, and to improve neighborhood quality of life for everyone. [King County’s partnership with Uplift Northwest in White Center clean-up] is a pilot, and I hope that it will provide lessons that can be deployed throughout unincorporated King County, and beyond.”
Dow Constantine, King County Executive
Without Uplift Northwest, I don’t know where I’d be. Thanks to my job and new home, I’m back to living normal. As normal as you could be.”
Uplift Northwest got me a job immediately, and they helped me out with food, work clothes, a shower, and laundry. It’s the best temporary job agency I’ve ever seen.”
Uplift Northwest is a lifeline, and it allows people to pull themselves up out of dire straits and put themselves on their own feet with confidence. After my experience with Uplift Northwest, I realized I could be dropped off anywhere on this planet and succeed.”